Sunday 13 June 2010

Topshop - Lip Stick

I went to see Sex & the City 2 on its opening night in Westfield and beforehand, went in search of the Topshop make up collection. I didn't exactly leg it down to Topshop on the launch day... something told me the range would be a total homage to make up mediocrity and I was right, I think. The only products that really drew me in were the 'Lip Stick' lip crayons/pencils (£7).


I picked up the bright pink shade, 'Rosa' and loved the way it swatched - quite opaque in texture and slightly glossy:


It's a white based pink, quite pale but bright at the same time. I think fans of Mac's Lady Gaga/ Pink Nouveau lipsticks might like this one, although it's a darker version of those shades, so is more wearable for skintones like mine.

It doesn't drag when applying and I also like that because it's a pencil, you can be more precise when shaping your lips, but doesn't take too long to fill in your lips because of its jumbo size.

Drawback? I don't have a sharpener for jumbo pencils! Schoolboy error or what?? It is now languishing on my dressing table, blunt. Pointless, in more ways than one. More pointless, in fact, than my World Cup Sweepstake picks - Ivory Coast and Ghana.

Not. A. Chance. In hell.

Although, in their favour, neither of those countries have Butterfingers Green in goal! =D

Blah.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely shade. A classic bright pink!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same about the Topshop makeup - not really drawn to it at all - but I do like jumbo lip pencils. This looks like a much more wearable shade of Gaga - Gaga's too light even for me with pale skin and freckles! You can't wear it at all if you have any pigmentation on your lips it seems! Wouldn't mind checking this out - are they moisturising?x
    http://stelliestellina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like very few people aside from gaga herself can carry off the gaga lipstick :s

    you could get away with not putting lipgloss or balm over the top of this- it feels comfortable enough to wear on it's own... But I
    like it with some gloss over the top xx

    ReplyDelete