I would rather go without than put on make-up that countless people had deposited their countless germs in. Eye-infections, anyone? Cold sore virus? Hell-to-the-no thanks! The furthest a tester ever gets with me is the back of my hand and even then I wonder what kind of lurgies I've invited onboard.
Coincidentally, this week I came across an article about the dangers of using testers and it's worth a read, if only to confirm what you already know: that testers should go nowhere near your face. Check out the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1268268/Dangers-make-counter-E-coli-EVERY-tester-beauty-counters.html
Here are a few choice quotes which made me put down my toast:
"In a shocking study, researchers found that every make-up tester pack they analysed was contaminated by the e.coli bug... As well as e.coli - which causes stomach cramps and diarrhoea and, in severe cases, can be fatal - staphyloccus and streptococcus bacteria were found, which can cause infections"
"Dr Elizabeth Brooks, a biological sciences professor at Jefferson Medical College in Pennsylvania, who led the study, said: 'Wherever you can see e.coli, you should just think e.coli equals faeces."
Testers= E.Coli = Faeces? Dr Brooks, this is possibly the most disturbing equation ever.
And just incase you needed further clarification, Dr Brooks is on hand:
'That means someone went to the bathroom, didn't wash their hands and then stuck their fingers in the tester"
Stay away from those testers!