Tuesday 6 April 2010

Sugar-Bombed????


Was killing time in Boots in Liverpool St Station perusing the make-up counters and picked up Sugarbomb, Benefit's latest blusher.

I didn't bother to swatch it in the store - I saw the mix of 4 colours in the box and thought they'd be pigmented enough to show up on my skin. It didn't even occur to me otherwise, as they don't look that pale. 'Georgia' on the other hand is definitely too pale for me, but this is darker in comparison.

Got it home, tried it on the apples of my cheeks, and...

Sugarbomb bombed.

No colour pay-off whatsoever on my skintone. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. It's the invisible man of blushers.

HOWEVER - much experimenting ensued and I have since found that it is really lovely high on the cheekbones, making them sheen really subtly (subtle enough for daytime) and photographing nicely. See, it's all about the placement.

Since this discovery, it has been part of my daily face routine and will not be festering untouched on my dressing table as initially feared.

Dontcha just love happy endings

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, good for highlighting, but very little colour payoff! Great blog :D

    ReplyDelete