Saturday 17 April 2010

Want List: Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick



Though I'm re-evaluating some of the items on my Want List (the Tom Ford lipstick might not make the cut due to the exorbitant price tag (just how good can a lipstick be? Is the product really going to justify that price point? Sorry Tom, but you gots ta go), there was one item that was non-negotiable: Revlon Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Suede.

I really, really like this lipstick. The texture reminds me of MAC's matte red Ruby Woo and the colour is a bright orange-red. I don't think the pic above does jutice to the intensity of the colour, but in real life it has a 'block' effect - totally opaque.

I'm looking forward to wearing this on nights out and even in the day time - although maybe not for work... not sure my conservative office is ready for this one. And that's conservative with small 'c', just to be clear in this election frenzy! =)

I plan on wearing this with pared down eyes e.g. defined brows, no colour on the lids but lashings of mascara, barely-there blusher and highlighted cheekbones. Before applying matte lipsticks, I tend to skip the lipbalm but moisturise my lips well with my face moisturiser instead. This makes the lips feel comfortable but doesn't create the creamy base that a lipbalm would give, which can sometimes take away from the matte effect of the lipstick by making it shiny.

Ahh, this colour puts me in the mood for cocktails and hot weather. Roll on summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment