Monday 5 April 2010

Don't Believe The Hype: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment


Sorry, but just don't believe the hype about this one.

Seduced by tales of a cult celebrity following, I parted with $22 for this in Sephora and applied... and applied... and applied... waiting patiently for signs of any benefits that might justify the hefty price tag...

But they never came.

Nope, this is just a glorified stick of balm. I almost feel that calling it a treatment is a bit misleading as, to me, that promises more than what a balm would deliver.

You could buy 14 Nivea balms for this and get the same effect.

I'm also not a fan of the citrussy scent... it reminds me of detergent/airfreshener... toilet cleaner. 'Fraid so.

And to top it all off - the cherry on the proverbial cake- during the night it seems to emulsify, migrate onto my chin, and leave me with a constellation of spots to wake up to!!

Erm, no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment