Thursday 8 April 2010

Tick Tock... I can't wait

... L'Oreal announced today that they'll be releasing their new mascara 'Volume Million Lashes' nationwide on May 1st, and I will be the first in the queue for this one.

Femail magazine put 25 mascaras which span the price spectrum (from high-end brands like Estee Lauder and YSL to inexpensive brands like Elf, 2True, Gosh, Maybelline) to the test in their ultimate challenge and this one came out on top. Check out the hyperlink to see the results.

It makes for interesting reading as some of the premium brands score the lowest, having been totally trumped by the cheapo brands - a good example of this is Diorshow weighing in at £18.50 and scoring only 4/10 whilst Gosh Intense Lash receives a glowing review, makes it into the top ten and costs a measly £6 in comparison.

Now, I don't like recommending mascaras. They seem to be the most subjective cosmetic item ever. It's the whole 'one man's junk is another man's treasure' principle: I have friends that swear by YSL Faux Cils, MAC Zoom Lash and MUFE Smokey Lash, whereas neither of these do anything for me.

My personal favourite is L'Oreal Lash Architect in Carbon Black, which is why I am keen to try the brand's new offering (which incidentally will be priced at £10.99). I can build up Lash Architect coat after coat and retouch during the day without it clumping too much. Plus, it doesnt smudge under my eyes (I have oily skin and most mascaras seem to transfer) or flake, and keeps its curl.

But then again, you may try it and find that it's a pile of pants. One (wo)man's treasure...

Anyway, I'll try Volume Million Lashes when it hits the shelves and let you know how I get on. The review sounds impressive, I quote; "Lashes look instantly longer and thicker - as if you've had extensions... gold standard of mascaras". Sold!

My expectations are now set very high and if upon trying this I find that I'm unable to create gale force winds/sweep the floor clean with a flutter of my lashes, I shall be very disappointed...

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be trying this out too! The only mascara that works for me at the moment is a Collection 2000 one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vivianna, saw the pics of your collection 2000 mascara on your blog... am tempted to try it now! thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! A girl can never have too many mascaras! xx

    ReplyDelete